Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Lovely Bones, a novel by Alice Sebold


Even though I am just half way through this novel with plenty pieces of the story yet to uncover; I have already acquired a profound understanding of its theme. I find that the superficial dealings presented by Sebold, about the hardships of teen-age and family life are multifaceted and easy to relate to. With that said, I definitely feel motivated to continue this novel.

However, before any reader advances on to the next page, I firmly recommend that he or she takes into consideration, the dampering effect that this story may initiate. The subject context for this story is heavy, and requires a sturdy disposition by the reader. I have already realized that this novel has altered my innate outlook on life and death. I would have never thought that something so unexplainable, such as death, could qualify as such a legitimate lesson for the living. Thus far, this book is particularly disturbing, yet particularly difficult to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment